Community Boards Executive Committee (CBEC)
What is CBEC?
The Community Boards Executive Committee (CBEC) represents all the community boards in New Zealand. It is an advisory committee to Local Government New Zealand's (LGNZ) National Council.
The committee's role to advocate in favor of community boards, advise the National Council of LGNZ, and promote best practice amongst community boards.
The CBEC meets three times a year in Wellington. As well as these meetings, each Zone representative run regular zone forums to update community board members and focus on topical issues.
Who is in CBEC?
- Mike Edmonds | Kaikohe-Hokianga Community Board | Far North District Council | Zone 1
- Tania Tapsell | Rotorua Lakes Community Board | Rotorua Lakes Council | Zone 2
- Graeme Sykes | Inglewood Community Board | New Plymouth District Council | Zone 3
- Marilyn Stevens | Ōtaki Community Board | Kāpiti Coast District Council
- Alexandra Davids | Linwood-Central-Heathcote Community Board | Christchurch City Council | Zone 5
- Mandy Mayhem-Bullock | Waikouaiti Coast Community Board | Dunedin City Council | Zone 6
- Jackie Te Amo | Te Maruata Roopu Whakahaere | Community Board Member, Whakatane District Council
- Bonita Bigham | National Council | Community Board Member, South Taranaki District Council
- Mike Reid | Principal Policy Advisor | LGNZ
Chair & Zone 5 Representative | Linwood-Central-Heathcote Community Board
Deputy Chair & Zone 2 Representative | Rotorua Lakes Community Board
Zone 1 Representative | Kaikohe-Hokianga Community Board
Zone 3 Representative | Inglewood Community Board
Zone 4 Representative | Ōtaki Community Board