The annual report on the activities and performance of LGNZ, including audit statements, is completed at least 14 days before each LGNZ Annual General Meeting.
Highlights from the 2022-2023 year include:
- Launching Ākona, our new learning and development programme specifically designed for elected local government officials and running a series of induction programmes across the country for new and returning elected members.
- Working closely and collaboratively with Te Maruata to develop an appropriate strategy for growing our relationships with Iwi/Māori.
- Advocating for councils through our policy work including an extensive programme of engagement around the Future for Local Government report.
- Developing an action plan for our broader Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategy that weaves DE&I through as many aspects of our work as possible.
- Launching the Vote 22 campaign with Taituarā to both attract more candidates to stand and more of the general public to vote.
- Hosting our annual conference – attended by over 600 leaders from the local government whānui.