We are the voice of the people of New Zealand. Together with local councils - our members who are living and working in, for and with their communities - we put local issues on the national agenda.
Our focus is on building a better New Zealand from the ground up. Because we know that New Zealand’s economic and social wellbeing is all about healthy and thriving communities, their economies and their environments.
Building better can often be about doing things differently. Key to change are the three major reform programmes – Future for Local Government, three waters and resource management - which we welcome and seek engagement on.
- Communications in the pre-election period
- Spatial Planning Can Improve Housing Affordability
- Review of Land Information Memorandums: Achieving best practice
- Rewarding, interesting, and frustrating: How elected members feel about their time in local government
- Case studies: Community engagement on climate change adaptation
- LGNZ’s submission to the Inquiry on the Natural and Built Environments Bill: Parliamentary Paper
- LGNZ's draft submission to the Inquiry on the Natural and Built Environments Bill Parliamentary Paper
- LGNZ submission on the Government’s proposal for the future of housing and urban development
- LGNZ's submission on the Infrastructure Commission’s Consultation Document
- LGNZ’s submission on the Hīkina te Kohupara discussion document
The CouncilMARK™ programme is designed to improve the public's knowledge of the work councils are doing in their communities and to support individual councils further improve the service and value they provide.