In this section you will find our policy positions on matters such as local government reform, housing affordability, alcohol reform, the RMA and much more.
It also contains our complete and upcoming submissions and links to publications from us and others in the sector.
- Case studies: Community engagement on climate change adaptation
- Local Government Funding and Financing
- Independent Analysis of the 2018/2019 Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Metrics for the Regional Sector
- Exposed: Climate change and infrastructure (Guidance for councils)
- The National Policy Statement on Urban Development Capacity
- Streamlining the Regulatory Regime for Pest Control
- LGNZ submission on the proposed approach to draft speed management Land Transport rule: Setting of Speed Limits
- Local Government New Zealand’s submission on the COVID-19 Recovery (Fast-track Consenting) Bill
- LGNZ submission on the draft GPS 2021
- LGNZ submission on the Taumata Arowai – the Water Services Regulator Bill
The CouncilMARK™ programme is designed to improve the public's knowledge of the work councils are doing in their communities and to support individual councils further improve the service and value they provide.