In this section you will find our policy positions on matters such as local government reform, housing affordability, alcohol reform, the RMA and much more.
It also contains our complete and upcoming submissions and links to publications from us and others in the sector.
- Review of Land Information Memorandums: Achieving best practice
- Rewarding, interesting, and frustrating: How elected members feel about their time in local government
- Case studies: Community engagement on climate change adaptation
- Local Government Funding and Financing
- Independent Analysis of the 2018/2019 Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Metrics for the Regional Sector
- LGNZ submission on the Water Services Bill
- LGNZ Submission on Māori wards and constituencies bill
- LGNZ submission on the Draft Investment Prioritisation Method for the 2021-24 National Land Transport Programme
- Streamlining the Regulatory Regime for Pest Control
- LGNZ submission on the proposed approach to draft speed management Land Transport rule: Setting of Speed Limits
The CouncilMARK™ programme is designed to improve the public's knowledge of the work councils are doing in their communities and to support individual councils further improve the service and value they provide.