You can submit as many entries as you wish as long as each entry relates to a single category only and specifically addresses the purpose of that category. The judges may transfer entries to a different category if they feel this is appropriate.
Applications must be on the appropriate Community Board Award form. Additional information, such as photos or a PowerPoint presentation, can be attached.
Each application should include all the relevant information relating to your application.
You will have an opportunity to give a three minute presentation to Community Board Conference, April 2019 in New Plymouth.
What information to provide:
- the name of the project;
- the Community Board and parent Council;
- a contact person's name and contact details;
- the category and how the entry meets this category;
- brief description of how the initiative was implemented and what was achieved;
- period during which the initiative was undertaken;
- who was involved in the initiative (including government agencies , community organisations, businesss, individuls etc);
- brief estimation of the total cost of the initiative, how the finance was achieved, and any cost savings;
- brief explanation of improvements in service quality and/or other benefits; and
- information on lessons learned, including barriers encountered, what you would do differently next time and how the initiative might be useful to other community boards.
Send your entry to
Admin at LGNZ PO Box 2014 or send to email@example.com
Closing date for entries
5.00pm Friday 8 March 2019. No late entries will be accepted.
All applications will be reviewed by the Conference Judging Panel.
Announcement of the winners
Finalists will have the opportunity to present at a plenary session during Conference on Friday 12 April. A People's Choice will be voted at the conclusion of this session.
The Category and Supreme Winner Awards will be announced and presented at the Conference Dinner on Friday 12 April.
Showcasing best practice
In order to promote best practice in the functioning of Community Boards and to foster the exchange of best practice and innovation, winning entries will be featured on the LGNZ website.
Please note: by entering the awards you are agreeing to the publication of your entry