New Zealand’s housing stock must be fit-for-purpose. Due to age, construction standards, environmental as well as social conditions, this is not always the case. In 2018, the Government approved and enacted its Healthy Homes Standards, and LGNZ will advocate for resources and funding to assist councils manage their own stock in addition to supporting their communities create healthy, warm and dry homes.
Councils use data, financial resources and available funding to provide a measurable contribution in the creation of healthy warm and energy efficient homes.
Advocacy and Actions
Research the estimated sector impact in time and cost and advocate to government for funding assistance, as well as coordinate with MBIE on streamlining opportunities for councils to apply for available grant funding.
A solid and sustainable platform for advocacy to meet outcomes for healthy, safe and warm home requirements and adequate funding to deliver needed improvements to council owned housing.
Healthy Homes webinar
- Powerpoint Webinar
- Final LGNZ Submission on the Healthy Homes Standards - Final
- Framework for housing quality
- 3850 Healthy Homes Stds Summary Document 15.0
- Healthy Homes Guarantee Act 2017
- Regulatory-Impact-Statement-Healthy-homes-standards-7-December-2018 (section 1, sections 2-3, sections 4-5, sections 6-7)
- Cabinet-Paper-Preferred-options-for-the-healthy-homes-standards (part one, part two, part three)