Aired on 23 February 2017, this webinar is now available on-demand on our EquiP TV platform.
Please email the EquiP team to purchase this on-demand webinar.
Price: $150+GST per person
EquiP's Strategy Webinar is a continuation from your induction, which will aid you in setting your council's direction, building your council's culture, helping transmit that culture through the whole organisation, and defining priorities for community outcomes. This webinar should prove to be an invaluable resource at the beginning of your term.
- Good governance – what is it?
- How your values support good governance
- How your values can help you to build your strategy
After this webinar, the participants will be able to:
- describe the characteristics of good governance and strategic decision-making;
- describe your and your council’s values, and their importance in the strategic decision-making process;
- recognise and describe the characteristics of strategic thinking and the steps involved in strategy creation; and
- apply strategic thinking to good governance.
This is offered individually to all elected members and mayors
About the presenter
Dr Steven Finlay, Business Solutions Manager, EquiP
From 2008 to 2012 Steven led the establishment of both Health and Clean Technology centres of excellence for Grow Wellington, the region's economic development agency. Working closely with Kapiti Coast District Council from 2009 Steven led the establishment of a Clean Technology Centre, Trust and Park in Otaki, culminating in the role of Establishment CEO of the Clean Technology Trust from mid-2012 to early 2014. Steven is currently EquiP's Business Solutions Manager.
Please contact the EquiP team for further information on 04 924 1200 or email email@example.com