Aired on 21 July 2016, this webinar is now available on-demand on our EquiP TV platform.
Please email the EquiP team to purchase this on-demand webinar.
Price: $150+GST per person
Political decision-making at formal meetings is a critical component of our democratic system. To ensure that decision-making is effective, meetings are required to be held under Standing Orders, which make up the ”rulebook” from which members, officers and the public are guided on meeting processes.
Local Government New Zealand has led the development of a new guideline document for local authorities that provides a modern approach to Standing Orders. This new document utilizes easily understood language, a logical arrangement to follow the meeting process, and has streamlined and clarified elements of Standing Orders that in the past has caused difficulties for Chairs, members and support staff to interpret. This document is now being launched to the sector.
Purpose of webinar
- to launch the new Local Government New Zealand Standing Orders document;
- outline when the document will be made available to the sector and in what formats;
- provide information on key changes to Standing Orders; and
- describe key actions for successful Standing Orders implementation.
By the end of this webinar participants will be able to:
- identify the key changes to Standing Orders;
- define what they need to do to use new Standing Orders successfully; and
- know where and when future training opportunities will occur.
Mayors; Regional Council Chairs; committee/subcommittee/community board/local board chairs and members; Chief Executives, democracy support staff.
Please contact the EquiP team for further information on 04 924 1200 or email email@example.com