NOTE: This webinar was sponsored by NZTA and is offered free of charge. Originally aired on 7 May 2020,
On-demand access: Please email email@example.com and tell us what event you'd like to access.
Urban Mobility for Liveable Towns and Cities
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency and EquiP would like to invite local governors with a vision to help positively shape their communities’ future to attend this one-hour webinar. This was initially designed as a full-day workshop, where governors would learn how to create more people-friendly towns and cities through integrating land use and transport planning, supporting healthy streets, improving public transport and empowering people to do things differently.
Instead, this webinar is focussed on what all of that means in the context of COVID-19. The webinar will be used to introduce the purpose and content of the full workshop, now postponed until later in 2020, and gain feedback and insight to make sure it is designed to be as useful and relevant as possible.
The disruption of COVID-19 has pushed us well out of business as usual, and our communities have been experiencing our streets in a very different way. What opportunity does this present as we transition down alert levels? As our need to stimulate the economy as quickly as possibly kicks into gear, what projects are we going to advance and how do we accelerate their delivery?
You will also hear from elected member Sara Templeton from Christchurch City Council, who will provide some personal reflections on Christchurch’s journey to leverage positive change from major disruption.
To introduce and discuss ideas on how to create more people-friendly towns and cities, in the context of the COVID-19 response and beyond, and gain feedback and insight to shape the design of the future workshop series.
By the end of this webinar governors will be able to:
- reflect how liveable towns and cities can improve people’s wellbeing;
- consider the benefits and risks of governance decisions for your community’s future, both as part of your COVID-19 response and beyond; and
- input into a future workshop programme design that will support your long term planning.
This webinar will introduce some of these ideas, and is appropriate for local governors who want to:
- make New Zealand a better place to live for all;
- be a leader in this area;
- make the right decisions in the short and long term; and
- understand how to support and empower their council to do things differently.