Please email the EquiP team to purchase this on-demand webinar.
Price: $150+GST per person
This webinar is 45 minutes long.
Decision-Making and the Long-Term Plan is the first webinar in EquiP's eight-part GROW Webinar Series, which is offered to all elected members and council staff to build on and discuss the knowledge and issues contained in the GROW handbook. Build on the knowledge gained from this reference manual with real case studies, sharing of experiences and having your questions answered.
- What is good decision-making practice
- In relation to different types of local authority
- What are the key principles -and questions to ask
- Elected members’ involvement and role in LTP
- Ways of ensuring that your LTP achieves the council’s objectives
- Taking your community with you
After the webinar, you will be able to:
- recognise elements of good practice;
- describe the LTP process and how you as an elected member influence and input to it; and
- describe the key steps and ways to get community buy-in.
About the presenter
Dr Mike Reid, Principal Policy Advisor, LGNZ
Mike has been employed at LGNZ since 1996 during which time he has worked in a diverse range of policy areas including local governance, elected member development, legislative change, social policy, relationships with Maori and local democracy. Mike completed his PhD in public policy in 2011 and is currently on the board of the Institute of Governance and Policy Studies. He speaks regularly on local government matters and has published widely.
Please contact the EquiP team for further information on 04 924 1200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org