Aired on 13 February 2016, this webinar is now available on-demand on our EquiP TV platform.
Please email the EquiP team to purchase this on-demand webinar.
Price: $150+GST per person
EquiP's Finance for Mayors Webinar is a continuation from your induction. This webinar details the most important financial aspects for new mayors. Presenter Philip Jones has over 20 years of financial experience in the local government sector and brings a wealth of practical experience and knowledge.
- The role of the mayor in the LTP, annual plan and reporting.
- Delegations, including expenditure versus payment, investments and borrowing.
- The role of the council versus committees in financial matters.
By the end of the webinar you will be able to:
- explain the mayors’ role in the LTP, annual plan and reporting;
- describe the link between delegations and reporting; and
- differentiate between the council and committee roles in financial matters.
About the presenter
Philip Jones, Principal, PJ & Associates
Philip uses his financial and asset management expertise to advise a number of councils across New Zealand. He regularly speaks at and facilitates workshops run by LGNZ, SOLGM and NAMS. A Chartered Accountant, Philip worked for 14 years as Chief Financial Officer at Western Bay of Plenty District Council, where he was a member of the Society of Local Government Mangers (SOLGM) Financial Working Party. He was also their financial representative on the National Asset Management Steering Group (NAMS).
Please contact the EquiP team for further information on 04 924 1200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org