To provide individual coaching sessions to elected members to enable their effective representation of their ward or city and govern in the interests of the community as a whole.
Coaching supports the implementation of identified outcomes.
These will be customised to suit the individual and/or council situation.
Coaching programme format
An initial conversation with the Mayor/CE or governance advisor to accurately scope the issue and identify if a group or a series of individual interventions is required.
For group situations, an initial council workshop will be provided to share or build best practice, followed by coaching sessions to support the council’s ongoing delivery.
Potential structure (can be customised to suit)
- First conversation to define issues and format, and identify if a group or individual solution is required.
- Face-to-face initial group or individual session:
- Either an in-house group workshop to build practice and relationships; or
- An individual face-to-face session to build practice and relationships.
- Identification of coaching goals and agreement to proceed to individual coaching sessions via Skype or Zoom digital media.
- Ongoing coaching sessions as agreed.
Copyright © 2019 EquiP
All rights reserved. No part of EquiP's videos may be downloaded, reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including streaming, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of EquiP.
For permission requests, please contact EquiP, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at the address below.
Level 1, 117 Lambton Quay, PO Box 1214, Wellington 6011.
Please contact the EquiP team for further information on 04 924 1200 or email email@example.com