This development video is now available on-demand on our EquiPTV platform.
Please email the EquiP team to purchase this on-demand development video.
China 101's Tourism and Promotion development video will look at how councils can benefit from the increasing numbers of Chinese tourists coming to NZ, covering the following themes:
- Different types of Chinese visitors
- Facilitating the attraction
- Getting in contact with your target market
- What makes your district special
- How to leverage your sister city relationship
- Working with your local community
- How do you get paid?
After this development video you will be able to:
- utilise the two most common media platforms;
- start to develop your own story for a Chinese customer; and
- identify your region’s offerings for a Chinese traveller.
About the presenter
Simon Appleton, CEO, Eastern Bridge
Simon grew up in regional New Zealand before moving to Asia. He has lived in China and South Korea for almost a decade where he has worked in both the Education and Media industries. Simon studied a Masters of Chinese Law from Renmin University before moving to the Bay of Plenty to work for the Opotiki District Council as their Economic Development Officer. During this time he provided language and international relations support to other councils and economic development agencies.
In 2010, Simon established Eastern Bridge to provide councils with a cost-efficient and professional alternative to establishing their own international relations department. Simon speaks Mandarin Chinese and Korean.
Please contact the EquiP team for further information on 04 924 1200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org