This development video is now available on-demand on our EquiPTV platform.
Please email the EquiP team to purchase this on-demand development video.
China 101's Friendship and Sister Cities development video will introduce you to the benefits and challenges of maintaining a sister city as well as practical advice on how to benefit from them, covering the following themes:
- The elements of Chinese local government
- The importance of sister cities
- Consider the value of sister cities
- Developing your sister city relationship
- Maintaining communication
- Practical steps to reach your goals
After this development video you will be able to:
- explain the differences between local government structures;
- explain why a vibrant sister city relationship is beneficial to your community; and
- identify ways to maintain active sister city relationships.
About the presenter
Simon Appleton, CEO, Eastern Bridge
Simon grew up in regional New Zealand before moving to Asia. He has lived in China and South Korea for almost a decade where he has worked in both the Education and Media industries. Simon studied a Masters of Chinese Law from Renmin University before moving to the Bay of Plenty to work for the Opotiki District Council as their Economic Development Officer. During this time he provided language and international relations support to other councils and economic development agencies.
In 2010, Simon established Eastern Bridge to provide councils with a cost-efficient and professional alternative to establishing their own international relations department. Simon speaks Mandarin Chinese and Korean.
Please contact the EquiP team for further information on 04 924 1200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org