Highly experienced in infrastructure procurement, EquiP Associate Chris Olsen would be one of the most sought-after people in New Zealand for roading contracts.
Chris has been at the forefront of road maintenance and construction procurement for 40 years as a contractor, local authority manager, consultant, and as Transfund’s (now NZTA) manager of its procurement manual.
His unique blend of 14 years' private sector and 20 years' public sector experience has given Chris a profound understanding of infrastructure delivery models and the ability to bring together commercial acumen with a public sector ethos to provide breakthrough value to clients.
Chris has the solution for you because he’s got the experience to know. Some of his work includes:
- Carried out the first comprehensive review of the different types of road maintenance contacts used in New Zealand, their advantages/disadvantages and when to use them.
- Assisted MBIE to introduce alliance-type contracts and new RFP professional services into the IT sector.
- Support member of the Road Efficiency Group’s (REG) Best Practice in Procurement Sub Group.
- Member of the Government’s Business Advisory Group on Procurement.
- Member of NZTA’s Best Practice Procurement Working Group.
- Local authority representative on the national working group that developed the mandatory quality assurance regime for roading contractors.
- Local authority representative on the national working group that developed New Zealand’s standardised road maintenance contracts.
- Developed some of the first performance-based contracts in New Zealand as Street Operation Manager at Wellington City Council, eg. chip sealing, street cleaning, weed control.
- Developed Wellington City Council's first road maintenance contracts as Street Operations Manager when local authorities had to divest their workforce and contract out the work.
EquiP's Procurement Offering
Please contact the EquiP team for further information on 04 924 1200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org