2019 Mayors Induction
To introduce elected Mayors to their local government role, their key support networks and start the development journey towards being an effective community leader.
Day one – for all Mayors
By the end of this workshop you will have:
- Identified local governments role and the key issues it faces
- Recognised your own authentic leadership role
- Considered and started planning to address your local issues
- Defined key actions to build effective relationships with
- Your chief executive
- Your elected members
- Your key stakeholders
- Built supportive networks to enable your effective council
- (This includes mentoring relationships, and Mayors office support).
Day Two (extra focussed sessions) - for all Mayors
By the end of this (half-day) workshop you will have:
- considered how to set up your committees;
- clarified your Civil Defence role; and
- planned your media interactions.
- 1st day - Tuesday 29 October (arrival from 9.30am with 10 am start)
- Networking dinner - 6 pm (venue TBC)
- 2nd day - Wednesday 30 October (9.30 am to 12.30 pm)
Te Papa, Wellington
- Day 1 pricing - $650+gst
- Networking dinner (optional) - cost TBC
- Day 2 pricing - $295+gst
In order to pre-book, please email Raquel Brandt-Partridge on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to secure your spots.
Please note our cancellation policy.
We are currently exploring extra support options that will be provided between the election date and this workshop.
We will also provide 3 X Mayors Professional Development Workshops in 2020.