Paul Pisasale, Mayor of Ipswich
Paul spoke at the 2014 LGNZ conference about transforming towns and cities to build strong local economies and vibrant communities.
Shamubeel Eaqub, Principal Economist at NZIER
Shamubeel spoke at the 2014 LGNZ conference about the changing face of our regions including opportunities and risks.
Arihia Bennett, Craig Stobo and Andrew McKenzie
Arihia Bennett, CEO of Te Runanga o Ngai Tahu; Craig Stobo, Chair of the Local Government Funding Agency and Andrew McKenzie, Chief Financial Officer at Auckland Council, teamed up at the 2014 LGNZ conference to talk about lifting governance and financial performance.
Prof Caroline Saunders and Ganesh Nana
Prof Caroline Saunders of Lincoln University and Ganesh Nana, Chief Economist at BERL, spoke to the 2014 LGNZ conference about the future of economic thinking. They asked the question, how will the changing social and economic landscape impact on our future development patterns?
David Hammond, Chief Executive of the Thames-Coromandel District Council, speaks at the 2014 Local Government New Zealand conference about making localism work through innovation.
To view the Thames-Coromandel case study "surfing the empowerment wave," click here.
Master class presentations
Future funding for local government and infrastructure
- Bruce Wattie, Partner, PwC
- Peter Winder, Director, McGredy Winder&d Co
- Richard Lindsay, Principal Advisor Facilities, SportNZ
Funding models and assessing the economic impact of cycleways
- Aileen Lawrie, Chief Executive, Opotiki District Council
- Andy Foster, Councillor, Wellington City Council
- Cynthia Bowers, Deputy Mayor, Hastings District Council
- Dave Brash, Group Manager Planning and Investment, the NZ Transport Agency
- Richard Kempthorne, Mayor, Tasman District Council