54,000+ motor caravanning New Zealanders call the NZMCA home.
The NZMCA's goal is to be the foremost authority on all things Motor Caravanning in New Zealand.
The NZMCA is a membership based organisation representing the interests of private motor caravan owners in New Zealand. Members receive benefits including, but not limited to, discounts on services and products, free and low cost overnight sites, a dedicated insurance scheme and a range of handy publications.
Fellowship, camaraderie, and information sharing are also valued attributes.
An ever-increasing number of New Zealanders are acting on their attraction to the motor caravan lifestyle. In 1990, the NZMCA’s membership numbered just 1,700 nationwide. Today, NZMCA represents over 29,000 family groups (over 54,000 individual members) nationwide.
In 2014, the association launched a new website for its Motorhome Friendly towns program, a scheme that establishes destinations where both domestic and international motor home tourists can take full advantage of events, attractions and amenities specific to the motor homing lifestyle.
- 80,000: projected number of members by 2018;
- 34,966: current number of motor caravans registered in New Zealand;
- 27,056: current number of motor homes & caravans registered as being owned by NZMCA members;
- $211 million: annual member expenditure while traveling on the road; and
- $650 million: what domestic and international motorhome tourists pour into the national economy annually.
Partnering with LGNZ - NZMCA CEO Bruce Lochore
NZMCA & LGNZ Relationship - LGNZ CEO Malcolm Alexander