The Audit and Risk Committee assists the National Council of Local Government New Zealand in fulfilling Board responsibilities relating to the management systems, accounting and reporting practices of the LGNZ.
The current members of the Audit and Risk Committee are:
- Barry Baker, Partner, Grant Thornton (Chair);
- Dave Cull, President, LGNZ;
- Stuart Crosby, Vice President, LGNZ and Councillor, Bay of Plenty Regional Council;
- David Ward, Chief Executive, Selwyn District Council;
- Josh Wharehinga, Deputy Mayor, Gisborne District Council; and
- Alex Walker, Mayor, Central Hawkes Bay District Council.