Chief Executive - Wairoa District Council
An opportunity to make a difference in Hawke's Bay
- Accelerate your career progression and bring your senior leadership experience to the Wairoa District Council (WDC).
- A high-profile, strategic role focussed on providing high-quality community service and an exceptional employee experience.
- Hawke’s Bay-based opportunity, with competitive remuneration and flexibility and no rush hour!
Rich in history, Tikanga Māori, agriculture, and horticulture, the Wairoa district offers wilderness adventures, beautiful coastlines, world-class trout fishing, golf, stunning lakes and waterfalls, hiking, hunting, rural experience, surfing, art, and museum collections.
This is an opportunity for a driven senior leader, who has proven capability in enabling teams to deliver and who will make a difference in our community. With a supportive and engaged Council, Wairoa District Council is committed to its mission of nurturing a “thriving economy, desirable lifestyles, treasured environments, and connected communities”, while celebrating all that Wairoa has to offer.
We are seeking applications from those who can demonstrate:
- Successful senior strategic leadership experience in the public sector with a genuine desire to serve communities.
- Expertise in Te Reo Maori me ona Tikanga and a solid understanding of the Wairoa district and community needs.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, with the ability to foster a culture of respect, empowerment, and inclusiveness with the WDC team and Elected Members.
- Unquestionable ability to engage, collaborate and influence across a wide and diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proven experience in enabling teams and organisations to deliver with an authentic focus on being customer-centric.
- Sound political and financial acumen, with an excellent understanding of local government regulations.
While working strategically, you will also need to be a credible hands-on leader, skilled in enabling your team to develop and achieve outcomes for our community.
You will be a trusted leader with well-regarded decision-making ability and be able to navigate sector complexities and multiple work programmes. In turn, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work in a place of rich heritage, culture, and natural beauty, while continuing to grow your career within a customer focussed Council that is changing things up!
Applications close at 5 pm on the 12th of April 2021.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
You can direct any questions to Scott Necklen, 029 924 1210.
Statement of Privacy:
Any personal information provided as part of your application may be shared with relevant agent/s and staff, as well as any elected member and employee of the Wairoa District Council involved in the recruitment process. This information is only provided for the sole purpose of undertaking this recruitment assignment.
We do not provide or sell your personal information to other organisations.
On completion of this assignment, we may retain personal information for future consideration of similar roles. We will seek your permission prior to submitting any personal information to other potential employers.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration. We also take measures to delete your personal information when it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected.