Governance and Strategy Advisory Group
The Governance and Strategy Advisory Group (GSAG) is made up of 15 members appointed by National Council. The role of the GSAG is to provide advice on the overall strategic direction of LGNZ, the law, policy and best practice approaches to local government governance, performance, funding and procedure, and LGNZ’s communications and stakeholder strategies.
Among other emerging issues this work will likely entail overseeing the LGNZ election manifesto ahead of this year’s general election, looking ahead to the 2019 local elections and boosting engagement in local government and advancing the Local Government Risk Agency.
The current members of the Governance and Strategy Committee are:
- Dave Cull, President, LGNZ and Mayor, Dunedin City Council (Chair);
- Wayne Guppy, Mayor, Upper Hutt City Council;
- Aaron Hawkins, Councillor, Dunedin City Council;
- Bonita Bigham, Councillor, South Taranaki District Council;
- David Ayers, Mayor, Waimakariri District Council;
- David MacLeod, Chair, Taranaki Regional Council;
- Hon David Caygill, Councillor, Environment Canterbury;
- Diane Calvert, Councillor, Wellington City Council;
- Greg Innes, Councillor, Whangarei District Council;
- Kelvin Clout, Deputy Mayor, Tauranga City Council;
- Monique Davidson, Group Manager, Horowhenua District Council;
- Phil Wilson, Governance Director, Auckland Council;
- Danielle Grant, Local Board Deputy Chair, Auckland Council;
- Tania McInnes, Deputy Mayor, Far North District Council; and
- Hon Steve Chadwick, Mayor, Rotorua Lakes District Council.
Date updated: 12 September 2018