Anna is an experienced practising director, evaluator and communications professional, with more than 20 years experience in local government, boards and senior management.
An award-winning former journalist, she has held senior management roles in both the public and private sectors, including the NZ Rugby Union and Telecom New Zealand. She was press secretary to two New Zealand Prime Ministers and has worked for former Commonwealth Secretary General Sir Donald McKinnon.
Anna currently runs her own company Axiom Strategy and Communication Ltd, providing communication and stakeholder engagement counsel to clients in the local government sector, the private sector, and not-for-profit.
Indicative contributions include:
* Directorships in SMEs and social enterprise
* Independent advisor, facilitator and speaker on reputation management, stakeholder engagement and corporate governance.
* Trusted adviser at executive level, working with chairs, boards and executives on high profile stakeholder engagement projects.
* Design and delivery of professional development programmes including the Institute of Directors, the International Association for Business Communicators and Melcrum.
* Published in the area of reputation management and stakeholder engagement.
* Speaker and panellist at conferences and forums in New Zealand and overseas.
Anna has built two successful companies and sits on the boards of the New Zealand String Quartet and the Wellington Performing Arts Foundation. She also sits on the Board of the Peter McKenzie Project, a multimillion dollar fund aimed at addressing child poverty in New Zealand.
She is a member of the Institute of Directors and was a 2010 Commonwealth Foundation Emerging Pacific Leader. She has a Masters degree from the Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University, Chicago and was a Rotary International Scholar.