We are one of New Zealand’s leading independent consultancies, with offices in Auckland and Wellington. Our reputation for astute advice is founded on over 20 years of supplying expert services across a wide range of disciplines.
We advise clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors, including a wide range of local government and central government agencies.
MartinJenkins provides an integrated and comprehensive response to client needs – connecting skill sets with fresh thinking to lift performance.
Regional economic development
- MartinJenkins has unsurpassed experience in developing and reviewing economic strategies, policy and programmes at the national, regional and local level.
- Our expertise covers quantitative and qualitative research on the performance of industries and economies, designing projects and programmes to support business and industry growth, advising on structure and governance for economic development entities, developing and reviewing economic strategies and implementation plans, and evaluating interventions and development opportunities.
Organisational design and review
- We can provide a range of services to help you set up, manage and transform your organisation to improve performance over time.
- We can review a team or an organisation, and recommend practical ways to improve, eg we have helped councils to review their efficiency and effectiveness, management structures and roles, and capability and capacity.
- We are recognised as capable and constructive advisers on local government reorganisation and amalgamation.
- We have a strong track record in local government organisation design, governance advice, service design and process improvement, assisting with change management, and strategic and operational HR.
- We can help design and facilitate your strategic and business planning processes, and work with you to craft clear and compelling plans.
Financial and economic analysis
- The systematic analysis we provide allows you to identify, understand and compare your options. Our experts can support your decision-making with high quality financial and economic analysis and modelling that will withstand critical external scrutiny.
- Our work in this area of local government includes developing business cases in support of strategic plans, funding reviews, operational policy changes, investment decisions (eg new or replacement assets) and business decisions more generally.
Performance improvement and monitoring
- The hallmark of our performance work is the generation of critical data and valuable insights. We bring an informed, pragmatic approach and deliver information that councils can confidently rely on for decision-making, for organisational design and change, and for reviewing policies.
Evaluation and research
- MartinJenkins’ evaluations are tailored to client need, based on an extensive toolkit of qualitative and quantitative methods, and strong understanding of the underlying theoretical frameworks. We are experienced in culturally responsive research, and are recognised for our collaborative style.
Policy and process development
- We are experienced in translating organisation and legislative requirements into effective operational policy and processes that will serve local need and fit well within national legislative and regulatory frameworks.
- Our service depends on clarity about intended outcomes, excellent stakeholder engagement, and deep knowledge of the wider economic, governmental, social and natural environments.
We welcome contact from all local authorities, big and small, individual or clustered.
Date updated: 7 December 2015