Policy Advisory Group
The Policy Advisory Group (PAG) will focus on policy matters relating to the economic, environmental, social, and cultural well-being of New Zealand and its communities.
The PAG will include 16 members which will include a balance of elected members and senior council officers. This group will consider policy around issues like water, climate change and housing.
The current members of the Policy Advisory Group are:
- Richard Kempthorne, Mayor, Tasman District Council (Chair);
- Stuart Crosby, Vice President, LGNZ and Councillor, Bay of Plenty Regional Council;
- Ana Coffey, Councillor, Porirua City Council;
- Bob Simcock, Councillor, Waikato Regional Council;
- Jane Nees, Deputy Chair, Bay of Plenty Regional Council;
- Janet Holborow, Deputy Mayor, Kapiti Coast District Council;
- Jenny Brash, Councillor, Greater Wellington Regional Council;
- John Forbes, Mayor, Opotiki District Council;
- Lan Pham, Councillor, Environment Canterbury;
- Meng Foon, Mayor, Gisborne District Council;
- Michael Meehan, Chief Executive, West Coast Regional Council;
- Paula Southgate, Councillor, Hamilton City Council;
- Penny Pirrit, General Manager Plans and Policies, Auckland Council;
- Piri-Hira Tukapua, Councillor, Horowhenua District Council;
- Richard Hills, Councillor, Auckland Council; and
- Simon Markham, Manager Strategy and Engagement, Waimakariri District Council.
Date updated: 5 June 2018